Author Archives: Snowscapes

31May Update Chunsa Khaga

The weather seems to be holding…minor changes in rain predictions but overall sunny disposition.


Consequent effect expected upon the terrain. In one day about 6 odd inches of snow seems to have cleared. The melt is slow but steady and would hopefully clear up the way till the pass base. Captions of the various features and campsites provided as per latest imagery


01: Langling Camp, 02: Changdum camp, 03: Thandapani Camp area, 04: The Chunsa Khaga (N), 05: Pass Base Camp area.. covered with snow now but the nearby ridge clearing up, 06: Nakurche Camp, 07: Mt Nakurche’s west face clearing up rapidly- the one overlooking Chor Gaad valley, 08: Janak Taal still frozen !!!!

27 May- ITBP HQ(Int) permission clear for Exp Chunsa Khaga

Team members Sanjit Singh Bal and Ashutosh went and met DIG (Int) ITBP and his team today. Had an interesting conversation covering diverse topics and the Int team has told us that they shall send in the official communique to the relevant ITBP units. Hoping that we get the ILP and Forest permits in time to take advantage of all the encouragement that ITBP HQ has provided us with today!!

20 May Terrain Update

Good news continues 🙂 Touch wood

Camping ground and route till Nakurche camp (C4) looking like clearing up. I would say if route is clear we should make that dash in three days and make it C3 so that one has one more day to deal with the C6 area. I am hoping all the way till there would have cleared up in the next 20 days of mostly sunny weather (as forecasted)

20May EOS